JWL.Freakwitch.net

August 01, 2004

anarchism, Marxism, and Nietzsche

I've recently discovered the work of Saul Newman, an Australian anarchist academic and activist. I've been meaning to study more about anarchism, and his work seems an OK place to start because two of his pieces address familiar points of reference in my own intellectual history.

The first article, Anarchism, Marxism, and the Bonapartist State examines some of the tensions between anarchism and Marxism, another political philosophy that is interesting to me. I haven't read it yet, but I have a hardcopy and will work through it shortly.

The second article, Anarchism and the Politics of Ressentiment, analyzes Nietzsche's "most venomous words for the anarchists." Again, I haven't yet read this article either, I just wanted to mark it here for reference.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home