JWL.Freakwitch.net

September 19, 2004

Fallenness

Yesterday and today have been the first fall-like days of the season. Windy, blustery, highs in the 50s, lows in the low 40s. These are likely remnants of the hurricanes down south.

Normally this time of year is my favorite. I love the fresh feeling of cool when you've been baking in heat all summer long. And historically, lots of good things have happened to me in the fall.

Though this trend is definitely continuing, I don't have the same feeling of excitement now that fall is here. I think it's because it's been the mildest summer I've had yet in Maine. There are typically a few heat waves in Maine summers; stretches where it's uncomfortably hot at night and hard to sleep. This year, we had none of those. So it still feels like I'm waiting for summer to land, yet autumn is already rearing its head.

I've said all along that I hope we get a good "Indian summer" this year once we've settled in to Ocean Park.

I think I just need to find more ways to generate heat in my reality.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home