JWL.Freakwitch.net

April 08, 2006

Department of Homeland Mathematics

Apparently the Department of Homeland Mathematics held a meeting that I missed recently, where they decided that 11.5+11.5+11.5+10.5=35.6.

This week, my paycheck was significantly less than it normally is. So I came into work on my day off to investigate, and discovered that the program that keeps track of time (our punch in/punch out timecard system) does math differently than the rest of the universe. All the hours I'd worked were there, it's just that they totalled it incorrectly.

Ah well. Everyone at work was baffled. Supposedly on Monday someone in payroll will cut me a check for the remainder. Somehow I couldn't help Tom Ridge grinning his inane grin at me and telling me this is all for my protection...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home