JWL.Freakwitch.net

May 21, 2008

Fuel

I took a nice ride tonight on our scooter, about 60 miles round trip, down Route 35 (mostly) from New Gloucester to Hollis. It's still chilly in Maine, it's been going into the low 40s at night. Tonight it was raining for the second half of the trip.

I've been reading several books by Emma Restall-Orr. I have 3 of her books, all of which approach various subjects from the point of view of druidry. Her newest book is about Pagan ethics, which is a subject near to my heart; there are many overlaps between this book and the book I've had in my head for a while. It's philosophical, but not academic. Another of her books discusses being with your environment, tuning in to what is happening around you. So while it was cold, and wet, it was great fun just whizzing through it at 37 miles per hour.

It was good to clear my head. Since I started working from home a few months ago, I don't get out of our place much. I've been spending lots of time outdoors lately, building garden beds. They're done now, we'll plant this weekend. I've been so busy with everything, I've not had as much time for my normal creative endeavors, mostly music and writing. My creativity has gone into the new job, and into the garden beds.

I'm not bitching, just describing. There is plenty of time for everything.

The warm weather is nearly here. Summer is coming. This is a good thing.

2 comment(s):

This comment has been removed by the author.

By Blogger Unknown, at October 09, 2008 5:33 PM  

Jim,

You've got to check this out -- open source moving beyond software in a very cool way.

http://xtracycle.com/longtailtech/index.php/Main_Page

Any chance you'll be back in Ohio for Thanksgiving?

By Blogger Unknown, at October 09, 2008 5:34 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home