JWL.Freakwitch.net

October 01, 2005

when I wasn't looking...

...fall arrived. Yesterday began with blustery winds, literally blowing our trash can off our porch. Whoosh. Then the rain came, and when we were on our way out of Portland, we could see the edge of the storm, a long front, a line of clouds straight as a ruler as far as the eye could see, looking like a huge blanket inching up to the horizon.

But then the sun sank below the edge of the front, and I saw the most vivid rainbow I've seen in years. They truly are majestic illusions. At one point, I was driving down a 2-lane highway through a forest; the trees were tall and right up on the edge of the road. The road was straight on this particular stretch, and rising up from the edge of the road on the horizon was a very wide and vivid rainbow, curving up and just to the left.

For the past few days, the low temperatures have been in the 40s and 50s. All that wind the other day blew summer away.

I'm glad autumn is my favorite time of year...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home