JWL.Freakwitch.net

October 16, 2005

When the rain won't stop

When the rain won't stop, I don't walk as much. Wet isn't so bad, neither is cold, but wet and cold don't go together well.

When the rain won't stop, I miss being outdoors with friends. Moving through the woods, with an axe, getting things done, working outside.

When the rain won't stop, I become more aware of just how sacred my space is.

When the rain won't stop, I miss the stars, though their light is uncountably old. I miss knowing which phase the moon is in. I feel like they are so many friends I've lost touch with...

When the rain won't stop, I like to cook pans full of rich, savory foods.

When the rain won't stop, I am thankful that I live at the top of a hill.

When the rain won't stop, I like to go to new beaches, walking across the sand to an island that only becomes so at high tide. The waves are large and crash into the rocks with particular intensity, a beautiful fury, unrelenting and without remorse.

When the rain won't stop, it makes sitting in an office building for twelve hours at a time somehow more tolerable.

1 comment(s):

I like this post, it's like a poem. I agree about the walking especially. It was really nice to be able to get out today and take a walk.
Nikki

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 17, 2005 4:56 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home