JWL.Freakwitch.net

April 08, 2006

in other news....

It was recently pointed out to me that this space has become little more than a log of my acoustics research and experimentation recently. And while the audiogeek in me continues to insist just how endlessly fascinating this topic remains (pffth!), I am aware that it represents a significant departure from the normal content of this channel.

It seems I am boring my readers. Both of them. ;-)

Ah well. I can justify it because this blog is supposed to be a virtual representation of what's on my mind, and it is quite true that acoustics have commanded much of my hyperfocused attention as of late; indeed I have consciously resisted being distracted from this subject in the interest of moving Freakwitch forward as skillfully and rapidly as possible.

But, life goes on. Other things have been happening, I just haven't written much about it. One interesting thing, I was invited to speak in a panel discussion this coming Monday, April 10:

"Spiritual Warriors," featuring speakers from different religious denominations, 4-6 p.m., Woodbury Campus Center Amphitheater, Portland, free and open to the public, 228-8235.
So, come out if you can. I'm not sure what to expect, though it's quite interesting to me that this panel addresses a topic that's been on my mind for several months, namely the intersection of spirituality and politics.

In particular, I plan to talk about what it means, historically and metaphysically, to be a pagan, and why all pagans are activists whether they realize it or not.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home