JWL.Freakwitch.net

May 11, 2006

A 100% free software-based publisher

I haven't written about Free software in some time, but I thought it interesting that there is a book publisher in Italy running their operation using 100% free software, including all document production (using Scribus, OpenOffice, GIMP, etc) along with all the "normal" Free software stuff (eCommerce, web serving, etc).

Cool....

1 comment(s):

Someday the GIMP will attain the workflow ease and compatibility that Photoshop has.
That will truly be a happy day. Until then, I'll have to be happy with using Open Office, Opera, Firefox TCMP, Audacity (thanks Jim) and Thunderbird. I am seriously condsidering a Linux laptop to surf with and keeping my "WinOS" only on my work PC until that day, but we'll see how the year progesses.

By Blogger anothermaine, at May 11, 2006 6:51 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home